Monday, March 2, 2009

Sleepless nights...

Hi all,

After my marathon sleep yesterday I watched the finale of 'being human' at 9pm - which most definitely left me wanting to watch any potential new series... :-)

Anyways, after watching that and then 'family guy' I let the cat in had some cuddles and tried to go back to sleep, knowing today was going to be a particularly challenging day! I tossed and turned for about 2 hours the finally did get some zzzzz's, only to wake up at about 4am and I really couldn't get back to sleep!

I've spent the morning coughing and wheezing so far, which is not good!! I have had a few nebs which has settled things down and am debating what to eat for breakfast so I can take the all important morning dose of steroids! I have to try and calm the old lungs down before I head out to my remploy meeting later on! Got to be there at 11am but, I have to get a bus and a tram there so it is a fair old trek, its also not very warm out so I will be wrapping myself up in my hat scarf and gloves to go anywhere!

I phoned my GP up today to try and get an appointment... haha - next Tuesday - by then I will either be better or worse and in hospital!! Will see how today goes I think if I am no better I can always phone the good ladies at the community respiratory team - who are always great at helping over the phone or popping in to see how things are going! If that doesn't work I can always pop in to the surgery and ask to see a GP - though it will probably not be my regular GP - so I have options if things are worse later!!!

Soooo, I have a meeting today with remploy. This meeting is to look over my CV and interview technique (as I haven't had to use these skills in well over 4.5 years!!) and to help me write why I left my last job, mmm - that's a difficult one as I didn't leave of my own accord but through my boss being unreasonable and not allowing me to work part time but ho hum!!

I am going to chat about possibly getting some part time work (science based I hope) just to keep my knowledge up and get me back into the swing of things again as I have been off work now for just over a year due to my marathon run of admissions to hospital last year!! I cant physically deal with too many hours but feel I could do 16 a week (at least I think this is a reasonable target to aim for!!) I am not too bothered about loosing my incapacity benefit either if I can get the same level of money from working which I should be able to do if I am not working for the minimum wage!! On my previous job front -it is becoming very clear my boss had replaced me before I had my contract terminated due to the fact they are not advertising my post and have no intention of doing so in the future!! This will I hope come back to bite the evil man on his bum at the tribunal!! They still owe me nearly £6000 in agenda for change back pay and 10 weeks salary at my new rate - which I feel will be like waiting for the world to end as the trust couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards... There is a fantastic job vacancy at the children's hospital in Manchester, which I would love to go for but it would mean either commuting a long long way, or, relocating... Would also involve me having to work almost full time if not full time, which I don't actually think I can do! I am tempted however to scope out the possibilities of a part time post but will probably discuss this with remploy as they may be able to help me facilitate this. Think its either this or agency work which I could do as much or as little as I choose to do and still maintain my HPC registration which is very important as if I loose that it means doing the competency portfolio again and I don't think I could handle the stress of doing that again, seriously, once was definitely enough!!! Which speaking of which I really do have to find that folder.... mmmm!!!

Ah well peeps, I am going to have to sort myself out eat something then get myself to this interview.

Take care and speak soon
lv Rattles Xxx

4 comments:

  1. that's the way to go Rattles! see, you got so many options and maybe in the long run they will prove more beneficial to you.
    just laid down your cards and tell them what you can and cannot do. there are still sympathetic employers out there.
    good luck!
    xx odette xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks blue_butterfly!!! It was very productive sat and chatted to the bloke there for over an hour which was great!! Im a little more positive now - he is going to try his best to find me lab work so I can maintain my HPC registration, but failing that I will do office work on a temp basis if all else fails till after my tribunal case!!

    Off to phone my trade union rep now so here goes nothing... Speak soon!! :-)

    Lv Rattles Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. '' I will either be better or worse and in hospital!!''
    noooo you will be fine you gotta be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have to be fine... BUT so do you mrs!!!! lol!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete