Saturday, March 21, 2009

A week in Costa Del Basidonia!!

Hi All,

Sorry for the gap between posts.... Things didn't really go all according to plan really!! After my last entry my friend clarebear and I went to bowling before settling down at the cinema in Basildon to watch 'confessions of a shopperholic!' I didn't feel too well when we were at the cinema but watched the film lol!! Cant remember what happened really but hey ho - I'm sure I will watch it again :-)

We had some dinner at Nando's before heading back to clarebear's for a night of telly - The comic relief kilimanjaro program was on which we both wanted to watch!!! Once at clare's I didnt feel that well and was struggling with my asthma, so we decided to head off to the A and E of her local hospital!!

Once there things did get worse rather quickly and I was taken through to resus and then promptly up to the ICU. Things did settle and after a few days I was on a normal respiratory ward, albeit - a long way from home!!

I was there till yesterday afternoon when I was released on the provision that I make a smooth escape back up north to my home town!! I booked my coach yesterday and arrived a few minutes ago - tired after a long day of travelling and looking forwards to a nice evening in my own bed!!!

On reflection - It was a rather rubbish holiday, however, it was made better by the fact that clarebear was so lovely and even surprised me with a visit from another AUK'er on the tuesday, it made my day when I saw them with KFC!!! :-)The experience was ..... Interesting and I dont think I have ever been told off as an adult like that before!! I did get a few cross words thrown in my direction about trying to be normal!!!

Anyways, looking back in heinsight (which of course is a wonderful thing!!) maybe it wasnt such a clever idea to do so much travelling so soon, but, thats what life is all about isnt it??? Learning things?? sometimes the hard way, and other times the easy way!!

I havent totally written off the idea of returning one day to visit clarebear again, however I think that I will make sure that prior to and after the trip I have nothing planned so that I can regain my energy and not overdo it!!

So - my plans for the next few days??? Im going to glue myself to the sofa!! I am having a few PJ days I think - followed by a check up at my GP on monday after starting on some new medication whilst I was in basildonia!! The tablets from what I can tell so far have helped me recover quicker from this episode and have also lessened the variability of my peak flows during the day which in terms of my symptoms has been quite noticable to me!!

Hope everyone is well and has had a good week. Speak soon peeps!! :-)

Lv Rattles Xxxx

4 comments:

  1. I hope ur pj days are in matching pjs that are hosp worthy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm all in all it was worth the trip, and that's what's important. we learn viable lessons with each experience.
    have a wonderful pj rest. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks blue_butterfly, will be resting up a few days had a lovely sleep today and already feel lots better!!

    And clarebear of course i am in matching PJ's (for now!!) and all my PJ's are hospital worthy!!! :-)

    Will post again soon.
    Take care lv Rattles Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes the pj's better all be matching!!! KFC any time. was great meeting you. when i next heard down south will let you know could stop by on the way!!! xx

    ReplyDelete