Hi all,
I caught the coach to clearbear land yesterday and arrived after 7 hours of travelling!! Clare and I dropped my suitcase off at her flat before taking a trip to the local hospital!!! She had a routine appointment lol!!! :-)
During the journey the coach got stopped by a police car near to London. We were taken off the motorway where there were about 20 -30 armed policemen with police dogs etc!! They came onto the coach made us all leave and walk in single file past one dog. The coach was searched and all our luggage was given a sniff by the dogs. We had to sit inside the service station whilst the police talked to selected individuals - they also gave us a leaflet about the counter terrorism unit etc!! Another dog sniffed our hand luggage which we were told to put on the floor in front of us!! It was all spectacularly bizarre and at the same time it made me glad the police were being cautious but also slightly unnerved that they felt there was a substantial enough risk to do so in the first place!!! We were allowed to carry on with our journey after 30 - 40 mins of their checks were all completed - weird or what???
When we got back we had some Chinese food and then had a small drink of alcohol mmmmm whilst watching random stuff on TV!! I'm quite liking the Heston Blumenthal programs at the moment - very very interesting even if the food does mess with your mind lol!!!!
We had an early ish night as we were both knackered after the days rushing about!! I went to bed at around 11pm I think but struggled to get to sleep and then was up every hour of so till 4am for a neb, did get some solid sleep between about 4.30 and 7am though I actually felt more tired for it lol!!!!
Had a nice bath and got dressed and straightened my hair etc - the makeup is on too as clearbear and I are going to watch 'confessions of a shopaholic' at the cinema this afternoon - we are also gonna grab some food from possibly nandos mmmmm!!!
Anyways from fruitcake land I wish you all a good day and will speak to you all soon.
lotsa lv Rattles Xxxx
Acceptance
10 years ago







What a truly weird experience that must've been with the police on the coach. I think it'd make me a bit nervous about getting back on, although I guess after the search at least you know that there's nothing dodgy on board ... Very odd.
ReplyDeleteBecky - it was indeedy a very sureal experience, but, think the point of no return for the whole trip had to be the A and E dash followed by admission to costa del basildonia on the 12th!!!
ReplyDeleteWhy are things never straight forwards!!!??
Hope your ok hon Speak soon
Lv Rattles Xxx