Hi All,
Hope everyone is doing OK. I Travelled back home on Monday following a visit home at my parents. The Friday evening started as a wonderful night but finished on a rather bad note (see previous post) I was all ready to pack up and come back home early but after a little sob with my mum I stayed. The christening was lovely - the weather was beautiful. The service itself was horrendously long for me and my 6 year old God daughter looked bored silly bless her!!! The party was at my aunts house and thankfully there was a gazeebo in the garden providing shelter from the scorching sun. My brother sang songs on his sound equipment - he is a fab singer and I did my DJ bit inbetween his sets - though he was lots better at singing than I was at DJ'ing lol!!!
The journey home was horrendous - really hot in that coach!! It was smelly and stuffy, then they stuck the air conditioning on and we froze lol!!! We complain about the heat then we complain about the cold hey???
On Tuesday my friend came to stay and we went to my chest clinic appointment. All stays the same see consultant again in a few months or earlier if I get poorly before then... We had a fabulous evening and played monopoly (the lancashire edition of course) lol!!! Im sure Gem cheated but hey ho I won in the end lol!!!! On wednesday another friend came over in the afternoon. In the morning though, Gem and I had to again go to the hospital for another one of my appointments, This time it was an ENT follow up - about my poorly nose and its perforated septum!!!
The appointment started with the consultant saying are you ok??? Yes I replied and he then asked me again!!! Apparently I looked pale - I am always pale I replied!!! He then said I looked almost green and proceeded to examine my eyes! 'You need a FBC doing' he said!!! I think your anaemic again! He then proceeded to inform me that the next stage is an operation to place a button into the septal perforation to repair it less invasively. OK i thought - then asked if it was a local anaesthetic - 'Oh no' he said 'Its a general but given your history it is a risky procedure' He informed me of the risks and then asked me to sign a consent form.... OK!!! So I am now waiting for a date to go into surgery. It is supposed to be a day case thing but neither he nor I feel it will be that straight forwards. I will get a follow up once I am settled on the ward I was told!!!
Anyways after that I had a lovely day with my mates - we went for lunch then had a real good giggle all afternoon!! It was a fab day! They left at tea time on their journeys back home - it was great seeing them both!!!
Today has been rather interesting as I had a social worker come round to perform an assessment. It all went very well and it was agreed they would provide me with an hour and a half care help every morning and 3 extra hours for general help, cleaning and cooking etc etc!!!
I trust everyone else is OK. Hopefully catch up with you all soon!! Watch out for my blog changing soon too as I have had a makeover and it should be up and running soon. Thankyou soooooo much for doing it louise! Your a star!!! I cant wait to see the finished design!!
Take care everyone and speak soon.
Lotsa Lv Rattles Xxxx
Acceptance
10 years ago







oh i will surely be waiting with bated breath for the make-over!!! iam glad things are going right there and you even get help from social worker, nice!
ReplyDeletemiss you,
xoxoxo
Louise is such a star! I look forward to seeing what she's done to transform your blog...she's planning on making me another design for the winter months..so that should be cool!
ReplyDeleteHave you asked for buttons and a signature as well? Coz I didn't, but she made me buttons in the end and added a signature too, all so much fun and bright and summery and everything I could have asked for!
Glad things are doing well for you!
Joey
You haven't seen it yet Rattles LOL. Crikey....I hope you like it! I'll be installing it sometime very late this evening or tomorrow but will let you know. Anyone visiting while I'm installing it might find things look a bit out of synch for a while....but don't worry cos it takes a while to get everything just how I want it.....just check back later :)
ReplyDelete