Saturday, June 13, 2009

Brittle!!!

Hi All,

I havent posted anything for a few days as its been a rather busy week!! Tuesday I had an appointment which was just touching base with one of my doctors. It went well though I'm still a bit anxious that we're not just cracking on with things that need to bee dealt with but ho hum!!! Then on Wednesday I had a lady from City Wide Alarms round to fit a pendent alarm in my house so that if I get unwell or into any difficulty I can press the button on the pendent and they will access help from a doctor or emergency services as required! On Thursday I had an appointment with my GP in the morning - we discussed what has been happening and my operation etc and she decided that I needed more blood work doing as I am very anaemic and she needs to establish what my Iron stores are like prior to starting me on any course of Iron treatment. It was decided I would go back for more blood tests the following day!!! I went home to wait for a bloke to come from Stayput to fit my key safe outside my house.

The man came at lunch time and fitted the key safe so I now have all the necessary means for the agency carers to come into my house including social workers and emergency services if required - all in all its as an extra safety measure to ensure that if I am poorly the paramedics etc can get access to my house!

During Thursday my chest was a little grumbly - I had been instructed to use my nebuliser every 2 hours so I was doing that and the wheeze was settling each time but I was coughing a lot - I still think Im getting a bug of some kind!! I also think that the anaemia is adding to the problem as i am rather breathless with even the slightest of movements. I was getting rather lightheaded everytime I stood up too. By the early afternoon I was getting a really sharp pain in my right shoulder everytime I took a deep breath! By early evening, everytime I took any breath there was a sharp pain. I was talking to some friends on MSN at the time and decided to get in touch with the out of hours doctor. I called and 5 minutes later they called back. He summoned me to the local hospital for a checkup!

I got there and was quite wheezy so had a nebuliser whilst i was waiting. This made my chest a lot clearer tho the pain still remained and even tiny breaths were hurting. The doctor examined me and listened to my chest, did my oxygen saturations etc. I was told to keep an eye on things, given some painkillers and told to rest and take it easy - if anything got any worse then to call them back on their direct number. I was told I had probably got a hairline fracture of my clavicle as my last bone density result was considerably lower than the one proir to that etc etc... I couldnt lift my arm at all and breathing was still rather painful.

I went home knowing that any problems I could go straight back but was releived that for the first time ever I was able to walk out of the out of hours clinic and go home rather than get admitted!! I didnt sleep well at all as the pain kept me awake all night and I had to take regular nebulisers through the night too!

Up early for blood appointment on Friday - so I went and the poor girl couldnt get anything so called for help. (They never listen when you say - you cant use vacutainers on me it collapses my veins....) This second lady tried with a vacutainer - it collapsed my vein!!! (Surprise there then!!!) Then tried with a needle and syringe and got it - hurrah!!! She was concerned I didnt look very well and requested I see the doctor - which was fine as I did need more morphine anyways. I waited ages for the male doctor on duty that day, when my own GP asked me to see her instead - which was much much better. She agreed it looked like it could be a hairline fracture but told me to be careful over the weekend and if i had any problems at all to call 999 or call out of hours and see them!! She gave me some more oramorph to use and told me to take care and rest it!!

My friend and I went to the big shopping centre and spent my christmas bonus vouchers - I bought some new PJ's (you can never have too many lol!!!) a summer dress, some shorts and a new handbag - and believe it or not still have money left:-)
I got home early evening and went to bed! I was sat with the laptop on msn for a while before i tried to settle for the night! It was another uncomfortable night - my collerbone is swollen and very sore so it was hard to get comfortable - and a bit like toothache sort of takes over everything so that its all you can think about - this pain is the same as its with every breath!!! Grrr!! Im hoping it heals very soon as I need to be fit for my operation in 10 days!!!

I hope everyone else is doing OK. Will post again soon,

Lotsa Lv Xx

8 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon :)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks louise!!!
    Im not doing much tomorrow so will be getting plenty of rest before another week of appointments and stuff in preperation for my operation in 10 days - eeeek!!! Its coming round a little quickly for my liking!!!

    Love KSD's blog design its fab and cant wait to see wheezy tux's design when its complete!

    Hope your well. Speak soon Lotsa lv Rattles Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your pjs are the right size this time...hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha - thanks for that wheezy tux - still laughing some people hey!!! The PJ's are actually too big but hey ho lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whilst reading your post i can almost see you so weak and in excruciating pain that my eyes grew wide when i get to the part where you were out shopping with a friend just after the blood test!!!
    coming home, your back in bad shape again, and i could just spank you for choosing to go out instead of resting!!!
    but then i realized that this discomfort is nothing new to you, and rather than thinking about it, maybe it helps to be doing something else to divert your feelings and attention away from the nagging pain. so ok, i forgave you...hahaha.
    i am glad your house now is equipped with devices that will bring you medical aid when it is most needed.
    with love,
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're not doing great! I have chest pain as part of my M.E and FMS so I can sympathise and at the moment oramorph is my dear, dear friend!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Odette and Joey -
    odette - the alterations are going to take a little time to sort out but I will have a new carer for an hour and a half each day starting hopefully by mid-week.
    Joey - oramorph has been a dear friend of mine too for some time but I only ever used it when all other meds had failed - I have been told that till the shoulder has healed properly to take it regularly and thats making me very drowsy and nauseous but at least its keeping the pain at bay!!! Im still struggling to sleep properly tho which is making me a little grumpy lol!!!

    Hope you are both well. Take care and speak soon.
    Lotsa Lv Rattles Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rattles how are you doing today? I hope your feeling a bit better :)

    I have a favour to ask when you get a moment would you mind writing a testimonial for the work that I did on your blog? I want to add some to my bloag. Thanks alot!

    PS - you know the email address :)

    ReplyDelete