Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday 13th mmmm!!!

Well on reflection the Friday 13th thing was OK for me! Didn't fall into any pot holes etc lol!! The day started well I rang a friend up and arranged to meet and do something in the evening after my CBT session! I spent a few hours on the bus getting to my appointment - something I dont mind doing now I have my pass as it gives me free travel! I was ridiculously early for my appointment so I had a hot chocolate in a cafe close by and was chatting to the owner for an hour or so! I then wandered the short distance to my appointment!!

The appointment itself was horrid! Really hard work and I did end up crying (and belieeeve me - I hate crying in front of anyone!!!) I left feeling like I had had the stuffing knocked out of me and all I really wanted to do was get home have a bath, put my pj's on and then go to bed!! I did cancel on my friend though we will do it another day!

Today, I have to make the effort to clean the house (again another daunting task!) Once that's done its off to town to pick up a few bits and bobs!! My house phone is on the blink so I need a new handset - grrrrr!!! I got some good news yesterday so it wasn't all bad lol - I have been getting taxed for tips for the last 8 years... Tips which working in a laboratory is difficult to receive ;-) (I have been complaining to the tax people for years but they finally listened to me the last time!!) The woman I spoke to asked if I had my P60's from 2000-present (yes somewhere... but where, that's the all important question!!) Truth is I didn't need my P60's for 2005-2006, 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 - they had it on their computer!! Soooooo with a few clicks of her mouse she sorted it out and I got a letter yesterday saying that they were giving me a fair few bob back - happy days!!! It annoys me a bit that they keep reverting back to a tax code which is blatantly not correct given my job and that you have to be hyper vigilant with them as they will given the chance take money off you.... Anyways turns out that its nearly £1500 back to me, which if I am brutally honest couldn't have come at a better time as I am nearly 8 months in arrears on my mortgage and quite frankly feel lucky that I haven't had the bailiffs round already!!!

On a monetary front still I am STILL waiting for my agenda for change to come through and think that I alone must now be the only person in the whole of the NHS still not on the correct pay by now!!! Anyway - they still owe me the back pay from October 2004 to today, soooo when that arrives it will be helpful too!! Though I did hear on the grape vine that the meeting on Tuesday may just be a formality! Apparently my post was given to someone else last February whilst I was off poorly! (To that I just have to add.... HOW RUDE!!) They replaced me even before it was made official I would not be going back, something I still despite everything they have done, want to do!! I couldn't believe it when I was told that my job had been given to someone else! I'm sure legally they have dropped a huge clanger here and that it strengthens any case for tribunal that I had before but, I didn't want it to be like this. I love my job! I just have had a shocking time health wise recently which, the NHS has been less than sympathetic towards! God forbid any of the managers getting poorly and needing a sympathetic boss to go to with their problems - I wonder if the senior management would get treated in the same manor I have!!?

Anyway - good news is that on Monday, I will have been out of hospital 8 whole weeks - yippeeee!! I'm still home its great!! I am just pleased that things seem to be getting back on track again. It was a really rubbish year last year - but thankfully I do seem to be getting a break this year!!

Anyways its freezing in my computer room so I am going to go shower and dress so I can get on with stuff.... Talk soon all.

Lv Rattles Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment