Well, I set off back up north to blackpool today. I woke up at 7am and saw the horrendous weather - really snowy, it was about knee height. I was worried my journey would be cancelled so I called the company up and they couldn't tell me one way or another - just said there were delays. I hobbled along to the nearest bus stop to my house - just as a bus was arriving - lucky i thought ;-) I got to the local interchange at around 8am ish...
Once there I cued and asked whether my coach was running and if everything was still good to go. I was told my coach would not arrive till 2.30pm. I sat down in the cafe and waited till 11am and then asked again if there were any further delays-yes she said - its been cancelled now. I then tried to get a bus or taxi back home so I could do the journey another day-the buses had stopped running to my area-snow too bad!!
This is where national express really did exceed all my expectations. They bent over backwards to assist me getting back to blackpool. I went to Leeds and waited there an hour, then got to manchester at 3pm -just after the connection coach had left-grrrr. I had a very long wait 3.5 hours at manchester but the staff kept getting me hot drinks and we chatted etc-all in all a long boring journey was quite a social event lol!!!!
The only problem with all the waiting around was that due to the constant swopping from hot area to cold outdoors, my asthma was really starting to flare up. I did have to use my nebuliser quite a lot on the journey-at one point the driver of coach number 2 got quite concerned about me and everytime he stopped at traffic lights he was asking if I was OK. I was-just sounded awful-really wheezy...
All in all it was an exhausting journey but one that was made a hell of a lot less stressful by the fabulous staff of national express-they even carried my luggage for me bless them!!
Im meeting one of the drivers on my return journey in manchester where I have a bit of a wait for connections for a coffee!!
The reason for my travels was to visit my family-my brother and his fiance have just had a little boy and I was desparate to meet my newborn nephew. I got back just in time for some cuddles and bathtime which was really special. I love him loads-and want to stay here forever to do babysitting duties now lol!!
Its been a very long day now so Im off to bed now but will update again after I have spent a bit more time with little S.
sleep well all from a very content
rattles Xx
Acceptance
10 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment