For some time now I have been battling to keep my career. This is mainly due to a total lack of understanding by my current employer. My manager is quite continually reminding me of how much of an unreliable person I am as I am a brittle asthmatic and hates the fact I'm often unwell! My asthma is quite often made worse by stressing about the fact I cant have time off which often results in longer absences than if I took a few days off in the beginning of a problem! its all a bit unfair but I think that's the way it is for a lot of brittle asthmatics so I'm just going to have to roll with it I think. I was told today that because they cannot be sure I wont have any further time off that they may well terminate my contract of employment which has really upset me. I love my job and would do anything to keep it, I even asked if they would reduce my hours so that I could return but I think that its just not going to happen now. I am however keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that when we do have this meeting my trade union rep and myself can sort something out!
I think the difficulty is that people don't understand the actual ins and outs of having brittle asthma or the implications and restrictions that it can often have on your life. I love to live my life go out with friends, have a dance and a drink or go for a long country walk. All things which i can do when I'm well. When I'm poorly however, it takes a lot of effort to do the slightest thing and can at times be very restrictive. I hope that I can get things back on track so that my employer does see that with reduced hours and a stool to sit on I can be back to my old self again at work!
Anyways - health wise, I'm still fighting off another chest infection but, i am doing a lot better, and even better than that Ive managed to stay out of hospital which is fab!! Its the longest Ive managed since this time last year so far as Ive been out since just before Christmas!!
I spent the day doing not much really and feel i need to get myself motivated tomorrow. I did play the piano a bit earlier and have done some much needed paperwork so at least it wasn't a totally wasted day. Ive set myself a few goals the last few days. I want to be able to walk to my local shop (only 0.3 miles) by the end of next week. It is a bit of a challenge as I'm still struggling round the house and up the stairs at the moment but its a target. It gives me something to aim for so that i can get myself back to some level of fitness again. I also want to sort out some bits and pieces in the house which have been annoying me for a while mainly tidying and sorting really, but I also want to finish painting some art work i started for my bedroom, it matches the colour scheme that my room will be when its finished - though Ive not started that properly yet!!! Think i may need to get a decorator in for that though as the paint fumes will make my asthma bad which i do not want at all!!! sooooo there are a few little things to keep me occupied for a while!
hope everyone is well and staying warm - its particularly cold outside at the moment which is never great - until it snows in which case it beautiful!!
bye for now
rattles Xx
Acceptance
10 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment