Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yay - I have a new winter make-over!!!

Hi All,

Do you like my new blog background??? Don't worry Bagpuss will be back in the Spring/Summer :-) I want to say a huge huge thank you to Louise she has done this wonderful background for me for the Autumn/winter months. I love it!!!! All of Louise's designs are fabulous and she offers free blog make-overs for those people writing as a form of therapy (for example after a bereavement) or for those writing about living with a chronic or life - limiting illness. She is a very generous person and someone who gives so much to people. I am very glad that i have had the privilege of not just one but two of her fabulous makeovers. There are just not enough words to say how grateful I am to Louise for keeping my blog new and interesting and also relevant to my interests and personality. Please if you are reading this and have not visited Louise's blog then click here to visit it and look at her wonderful designs.That link is for the write from the heart blog that Louise does but her other blog which is updated more frequently at the moment is adori graphics which is on this link - click here.

In other news....

I am OK - i am very sorry that i have not posted much just recently I vow to change this and keep my blog more up-to-date with things that are happening. Recently I have been struck with several really nasty abdominal abscesses which have required the torturous incision and drainage by my GP. She is a lovely lady however when she was squeezing the life out of my poor poor tummy to get rid of these nasty abscesses it was hard to think kindly of her lol!!! I am slowly starting to heal on the tummy front, after several courses of strong antibiotics and several incision and drainage episodes we are getting on top of these small pockets of infection - which are of course caused by the evil anti-emetics i have to use to control my nausea and vomiting. My GP was witness to my minor breakdown over it all last week too. When i went to see her after another large abscess had developed - i burst into tears as the whole situation finally got on top of me. I was so fed up of having to use the anti-emetics via this route and ending up with the problems as a side effect of it and told her that i just couldn't take it anymore. The upshot of my breakdown is that we are trying any anti-emetic now each one on a trial period to see if any others suite. I have already tried 5 of the most commonly used ones and none have been effective. We are now trying more expensive ones and hopefully we will find one that works in tablet form as opposed to injections. Till we find one that does work effectively i am still using the injections though we have managed to get the use of a syringe driver pump to use so that it may be less abrasive than the bolus injections were and so far *touches wood* it has been OK for a week or so this way.

I have just been to the emergency dentist though today. It hurt soooooooooo much!!! I started with a rather nasty oral abscess in the small hours of Saturday morning, i called the on call dentist and got an appointment for today. He drilled the tooth and drained each of the 3 root canals of abscess (all without anaesthetic as i am allergic to the anaesthetic when it is in rubber stoppered bottles) :( needless to say my mouth is feeling really really delicate now and has not yet stopped throbbing despite the use of a lot of clove oil and painkillers. I am now to take some antibiotics for the infection in my tooth as well as finishing the course for the tummy infections - i really do rattle now as i walk lol!!!!

On other news I am doing OK. The whole tribunal thing is over which is a great relief and feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I feel like i can get myself well in my own time now and make sure i am totally better before rushing into returning to work. I hope that sometime soon i will be able to return to my career as i do love it - but i am no longer feeling pressured into returning whilst i am still rather poorly. I have got involved in some work with my local primary school. I am very excited as it is a little voluntary activity that i can do when i am well and something to give me a sense of purpose again. I will be playing some nursery rhymes and Christmas carols on the piano for the local nursery/primary school pupils to sing along to. I am very excited. I am also involved in making cakes and biscuits etc for them to help them raise money for various projects that they are involved in and am a member of the PTA there. It has become a little hobby alongside my making children's birthday cakes etc. My latest cake was for my carers little boy's birthday and i made a chuggington cake (a round cake with the three trains on the top!!) I was very proud of it and promise to upload pictures as soon as i work out how too!!!

Anyways I am going now but will post again soon. Please do check out Louise's blog if you haven't already and check out her wonderful blog designs. She really is great and although she is a very busy lady is always willing to help others out - a very inspiring, caring friend, i am very glad to have been introduced to her!!! Thanks Louise your a true friend and a real blessing.

Take care all
lotsa lv Rattles Xxxx

4 comments:

  1. what??? you had root canal w/o an aneasthesia? omg, that's too painful to go through!! you must be wincing and squirming in your seat as the dentist drilled in and took out the abscess. i hope you are feeling better now and is looking forward to a joyous holiday with friends and family.
    lots of love,
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Odette,

    It certainly did hurt - i am still wincing and have taken to rinsing my mouth with clove oil in a bid to rid myself of this evil toothache!!!

    How are you doing?? you ready for the festivities??

    I am mostly though still have a few presents to buy yet and feeling the pressure lol!!!

    Speak soon Lotsa lv Rattles Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,

    I am not an organisation, just one person who suffers from brittle asthma and other things and is writing this blog so that if anyone in a similar position to myself reads it they may take comfort in knowing that they are not alone and that there are others like themselves out there (hope that makes sense).

    I, like a few of my blogging friends are trying to raise awareness to others that asthma is not just a blue inhaler illness - which is how a lot of people view it. This opinion does frustrate a lot of us - who are at the more severe end of the asthma spectrum as we tend to battle most days with symptoms and often find ourselves in the position where we are trying to avoid another inevitable admission to hospital for treatment.

    You haven't left your email address so i couldnt respond via e-mail. I hope that you stop by again and if possible can give me some more information on what your organisation do.

    Thanks Rattles Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to speak to you before the New Year, but if I don't...have a good one and I hope you're feeling better and haven't been captured!

    Speak soon, honey!

    Joey xxx

    ReplyDelete