Thursday, August 13, 2009

Busy week and wheezy weekends

Hi All,

Hope you are all well, Joey - how was the house move?? Hope that it all went well and that you managed it without upsetting the apple cart too much (so to speak!!) I am on my way to my parents in a few hours time - its nice not to have to spend 12 hours on the coach anymore - that journey was just awful!!! Now I have Percy it means I am able to have a restful day and then set off once the traffic has died down after tea!!

It will take me around 2 hours to get back to my mum and dad's house!!! Since I got Percy, I have visited several friends. I went to see a good friend in hospital in Burton and another great friend in Grantham (three times!!) and I also visited two friends in Leicester for the first time - they were fabulous and I had a really lovely afternoon last thursday. The down side however of all this travelling round the country is that it seems to have rather upset the old lungs a bit!! They have been rather grumpy the last 5 or 6 days. Over the weekend it started with just getting breathless really easily, and gradually escalated to a rather irritating wheeze and tight chestedness over the last few days. Needless to say that I havent been sleeping that well since about monday really!! Last night was the worst and I literally didnt sleep a wink all evening. The most soul destroying thing was just starting to nod off through sheer exhaustion as S came to wake me this morning!!

S looked really concerned this morning when she realised that the whilstling was my chest wheezing. She kept asking me if I was OK, I felt shocking but I didnt want to worry her so kept saying I was fine. I had a few nebulisers in the hour and a half she was here this morning.They settled things a little bit and made my chest feel less tight and uncomfortable but didnt totally resolve the wheeze. I havent done much at all today and I have taken things really really slowly as I really dont want to end up back in hospital. I received a phone call from social services this morning as S was leaving - It was about the fitting of my hand rails - they wanted to arrange a time to come and fit them, and arranged to come at about lunchtime. They are now fitted - an extra one on my stairs and one on the outside of my house as I do struggle with the steps, particularly when I'm not feeling well! I also had a visit from some rather lovely firemen :) They asked if I wanted some free smoke detectors fitting - Of course!!!! They fitted them about an hour ago and so all that was left for me to do was to plonk a microwavable meal in and then eat and pack for my trip home to my parents.

Im all packed finally and as always recently got distracted by flippin facebook and the game farmville - blimey - that is sooooooooo addictive!!! I have just got to sort out my medications for my trip the next few days and then load up Percy!!! Then Im on the road!!

Im still rather chesty and I fear I may be getting another chest infection as my chest is rather mucusy and grotty!!! Im just hoping that my parents dog doesnt set the old allergy off too much as I do generally come back from my parents poorly as I am very allergic to their dog - I have dosed up on anti histamines and I am hoping that I can avoid kicking the old asthma off whilst I am there - I have also dosed up on the old vitamin C in the hope that if I am coming down with a chest infection I can kick that into touch quickly too!!!

I have had several conversations with my solicitor about my tribunal case too. Its all going OK though I am convinced that my ex employers are trying to stitch me up on several points - My solicitor thankfully is very very good and has been my rock through all of this - I will keep you all posted as and when things happen with the tribunal stuff!!

Anyways - I am going to have to sort out my meds and finish the last few bits of packing so that I can set off on my jollies!!!

Speak to you all soon
Loadsa lv Rattles Xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. should i worry? you aren'ty feeling well and here you are driving 2 hours to get to your parenst! you should take someone with you!!!
    iam also addictied to farmtown and farmville. so can we become neighbors?
    be careful,ok? and hope you will have a good time and enjoy another late bday celebration.
    bear hugs,
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip and take it easy matey

    WT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Odette

    I survived lol!! Im ok too - Im a little tired but I am fine! Hope you are ok. Im really sorry that i have been rubbish at posting the last few months with one thing and another its been crackers.

    Tribunal wise i got a load of paperwork from my solicitor to look through. They have slandered me so much that i have been really quite upset by it all for the last week or so. Tribunal is supposed to take place sometime between October and December...

    I will keep you posted anyways as and when things happen with it all.

    Take care and lotsa lv Rattles Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The move went okay with a lot of problems, and I'm suffering for some of them, but they say moving is the most stressful thing you can do and at least now I'm in a wheelchair most of the time because we have the space :D

    ReplyDelete